Sunday, October 17, 2010

The Last Day of Floydfest






















Today our fiend John turned 55, so we had to start the day with mimosas to accompany Herb’s breakfast. After the celebration we headed over to the parkway for the last day of Floydfest.

I spent some time with Denise and Randy as they were leaving around 5:00. I also had fun practicing my new hoola hoop skills. to. I had a few drink tickets left and I used those to drink sangria in the beer garden.

The day ended with Grace Potter and the Nocturnals on the hillside stage. She was high energy and had a rocking female base player. I could not stop dancing and I got her new cd. A perfect ending to a wonderful weekend of music.

Our friends all went home to Bristol, which left Herb and I to enjoy a night alone in the chateau:) We went to a farmers market and got corn on the cob and green beans to cook up with the steak we had left from our first night there. We ate and watched the sunset on the balcony. Ahhh vacation!


No comments: