Thursday, October 14, 2010

An Aside


So here is what I have learned about blogging on vacation:

This is the first time I have taken my Mac on a road trip. I worried every time we stopped to hike and had to leave it in the car.

There are still many hotels that do not have wifi.

The hotels that do have wifi are in the big cities. We tend to stay up late and enjoy the night life, So where is the time to blog?

You miss the lovely scenery when you try to blog in the car and then post later.

You forget what happens day to day if you put off blogging for a few days. (At least at my age that's true.)

You really forget what happens when you are back at work and still plan to blog about your vacation. How hard could that be, just do one day in the afternoon and finish out the trip. Yea right!

Even if you tell all your friends that you will blog about your vacation, it is still not enough peer pressure to make you blog daily.

I figured that travel, as one of my most favorite things to do, would be easy to post about everyday. Not necessarily-though I think it's a time issue rather than a topic issue. Herb can pack all kinds of activities into each day!

I am hopeless and so now months have passed and I am not blogging at all. It's hard to start fresh and blog with the lost vacation days hanging over my head.

How to break the cycle? Hmmm.....


Take on the fall blogging challenge only to fall short again? Or maybe just do short blogs on the challenge to dive back in again?

It's a thought....albeit a scary one. I'm not quite ready to commit today. But 10 is not a big number. I think I can do it!


2 comments:

Jenny said...

You can do anything once per week, right? :) Don't give up. A blog is as loyal as the day is long...it'll always be there when you're ready for it.

Melanie Holtsman said...

You can do it Betsy! I love reading your posts, jump in!