Friday, August 13, 2010

Music




Four years ago, Herb and I came up to Floydfest. When we explored the little town of Floyd, VA, we discovered a fabulous clothing store called Winter Sun. The clothes are hand painted and the designs are bright and colorful-so me. I was looking forward to buying another dress there this year.

The store was just as I remembered it, but the dress selection was very limited:( I tried on the few they had, but none of them were the right fit. So I bought several shirts and jackets instead. They also had a booth up at Floydfest and I hung out there with Susan, one of my new Virginia friends.

We ate lunch at the Blue Ridge Restaurant and had a delicious southern meal of chicken pan pie. Then it was on up to the festival that started at 4:00.


Our first stop was the Beer Gardens and the Pink Floyd Stage. Here they serve all kinds of local draft beer and wine and besides backstage, this is the only place you can consume alcohol. The very first band we saw on stage was Galen Kipar, featuring Jacksonville’s own fiddle player Lindsey Pruett. What a great surprise!! The rest of the evening included Big Daddy Love, Cornmeal, Galactic, and Eric Krasno & Chapter 2. Lots of dancing was involved and the music was great!



No comments: